Hand prints are very versatile and, if you are working with a group of children, they can be used to make lots of different pictures for displays.
Most children love making hand prints. However, if you have a child who is reluctant, just draw around their hands cut them out and then let the child paint them.
What you need:
- Some hands
- Someone close by with plenty of soap and water!
A simple idea for Autumn:
- Create a tree with the leaves made from handprints in autumnal colours – orange, yellow, brown, red, etc.
- The children could be encouraged to mix the paints to match the colour of collected leaves from a nature walk before painting their hands
- A trunk can be either painted, cut from paper, or the children could do some bark rubbings which could be then cut to shape
- When dry, the leaves can be glued onto the trunk