Your kids can construct a real den in the park from whatever they can find around them. And don’t worry about your sheets getting grubby – it’s nothing that OMO can’t handle.
What you need:
- Fallen branches
- Bracken, ferns, leaves and any foliage from the park and woodland
- Ground sheet
- Several enthusiastic kids
- Snacks and drinks for once the den is built!
What to do:
- Arrange the biggest branches first to create a shelter structure
- Build up the ‘walls’ with smaller branches, and foliage
- Have an adult check the finished den before the kids go inside, just to make sure it’s sturdy enough
- Line with a plastic groundsheet if you have one
- Finally, accept that you’re going to be banned from the den as soon as it’s completed, as there’s usually a ‘kids only’ rule!