You can make this obstacle course in a room in your house, or in the backyard, or in any open space near your house.
What you need:
- 2 empty cereal boxes
- An empty carton large enough to be a “tunnel”
- A large inner tube
- 4 empty clean cans (make sure there are no sharp edges)
- A ‘balance beam’ (one long wooden board placed over two smaller boards, one at each end)
What to do:
Place the items in a circle or along a path so your child can:
- Step over the cereal boxes
- Crawl through the carton
- Walk around the 4 cans (each one with enough space between)
- Walk across the balance beam
- And end up walking along the rim of the tube
You can change the configuration at any time for variety.