Go on a nature walk with your child and help them become an outdoor explorer. You can do this activity many times.
Lie down in a park on a patch of grass or soft ground. Ask your child:
- How many nature sounds he or she hears?
- Is the sound from a bird, an animal, from the wind?
Look for different shapes and sizes of stones or rocks:
- What are their colours and shapes?
- How many do they see?
Ask your child to find something outside that is soft or hard:
- Can your child tell friends or parents what these things are?
Look at the ground:
- Ask your child to be very quiet and to watch and see how many bugs are working hard on the ground
Look underneath a large rock:
- Have your child count how many different kinds of bugs he or she can see
- What are the bugs all doing?