You can do this inside or outside, but be sure you are supervising any water play – even if there are only a few inches in the container.
What to do:
- Fill a large plastic bowl or tire tube lined with plastic
- Sail a boat made out of paper – or a coconut shell for pirate fun!
- Find things that sink and that float – this is a little science experiment
- Use a feather, a cork a stone, an acorn, a leaf, rubber ball, and anything else your child finds
- Ask before she or he drops it into the water whether it will sink or float
- Ask why it sinks and why it floats