Image by Dani Vazquez
Ah, the wonder of magic. Kids love it! While some magicians never reveal their secrets, we’ve found an easy card trick for you to create your very own magic. And you don’t have to be a mind reader to master it. Learn the secret behind the illusion, master new tricks and enjoy the applause. Ready to amaze your friends and family?
The card colour trick: Sorting cards by colour is the secret.
- Separate the cards into black and red and remember which colour is on top. Do this before your performance so that your audience doesn’t see.
- Fan out the top few cards and ask someone in your audience to pick a card from the top - they need to memorise it.
- Then, fan out the bottom of the deck so that they can put their card back in.
- Split the deck somewhere in the middle and place the bottom half on the top to “shuffle” the cards.
- To magically find the chosen card, look through the deck. The colour of the one you wan,t should be the only red card mixed in between the black cards, or vice versa.
- Pull out the card and announce, “Is this your card?” Then take a bow and enjoy your new found stardom!