TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS AND CONDITIONS”) FOR THE OMO WASTE FOR GOOD ACTIVATION (“ACTIVATION”)
BY PARTICIPATING, PARTICIPANTS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ENTRIES MUST COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BE VALID.
A. ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER THE ACTIVATION
1. This Activation is carried out by Unilever Gulf FZE, P.O. Box 17055, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (“Unilever”) and is open to all students (“Participant”) of the Jumeirah Primary School, Legacy School and Jumeirah College in the Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates (the “Territory”).
2. Unilever Group Company (Unilever PLC and its subsidiary Unilever Gulf FZE) and/ agency employees or members of their families, contractors or agents are not eligible to participate in the Activation.
3. To be eligible to enter the Activation, the Participant must:
a) Be a citizen or resident of the Territory throughout the duration of this Activation;
b) Be 16 years of age or any other age of legal capacity as per the applicable laws of the Territory or have consent from a legal guardian if underage to be subject to these Terms and Conditions;
c) Provide proof of identity, citizenship and residence in the form reasonably required by Unilever upon request;
d) Use his or her actual personal information or the personal information of the legal guardian if underage upon filling any forms;
e) Unilever reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Participants.
B. ACTIVATION OBJECTIVE
1. Unilever’s brand OMO is launching a recycling program called “Waste for Good” with participating schools to educate students on proper waste reduction practices. The Participant can participate in the Activation by taking part in the plastic collection program in the participating school. At the end of the plastic collection program the participants can take part in Unilever’s plastic upcycling competition.
2. The students of Jumeirah Primary School and Legacy School will be divided in 2 groups: Group A (FS1, FS2, YR1, YR2) and Group B (YR3, YR4, YR5, YR6). The students of Jumeirah College will be in Group C (YR7, YR8, YR9, YR10, YR11).
3. Each participating student has the opportunity to create something creative out of the collected plastic waste and upload a picture of the project to the OMO landing page: https://www.omo.com/arabia/en/waste-for-good.html
4. Students who are below the legal age must request their legal guardian to upload the picture for them.
5. Entering the Activation is considered by itself an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
C. THE PRIZE
1. Each Participant has the chance to win a cash prize worth either AED 2,000 or AED 1,000 (the “Prize”).
2. For the avoidance of doubt, not every Participant will receive a Prize. Each Group in each school will have a 1 winner who will win AED 2,000 and 1 winner who will win AED 1,000. Only 10 Prizes will be provided to 10 winners in the participating schools in the Territory.
3. Unilever shall not be responsible or liable for any late, lost, misdirected notification or for the winner’s unsuccessful efforts to claim the Prize.
4. The Prize can be changed or altered by Unilever at any given time at its sole discretion. Unilever reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to provide an alternative prize without prior notice.
5. The Prize is tax paid, non-negotiable, non-transferable and will not be substituted for cash or assigned to any other person for any reason whatsoever. The Prize shall be accepted entirely at the risk of the winner and Unilever excludes all warranties in connection with the Prize to the extent permitted by law.
6. If receipts are required to enter this Activation, Unilever reserves the right to keep the original receipt, make a copy of the receipt or mark any receipts used by the Participant to enter this Activation.
D. ENTRANCE TO THE ACTIVATION AND WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
1. The Activation will start on 15 April 2021 (“Start Date”) and ends on 8 May 2021 (“End Date”) and the period of the Activation will be known as the “Activation Period”.
2. The respective participating teachers of each school will submit, latest on 16th may 2021, the most creative ideas to a jury of 3 formed by Unilever.
3. The Jury then will choose the 10 most creative projects as winners from the submissions on the 19 May 2021 and will announce the winners via each school’s newsletter on 20 May 2021. The legal guardians of the students will be contacted by Unilever or the school via phone, email or mail.
4. The Prizes can be collected by the legal guardians of the students in cash or cheque from the respective school accounts department upon providing proof of identity.
5. Unilever reserves the right to accept the Participant or disqualify any Participant once accepted.
6. Unilever has also the right to disqualify a Participant or winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Participant or winner has breached these Terms and Conditions.
7. Noncompliance with the Terms and Conditions of this Activation will automatically disqualify the Participant or winner from availing the Prize.
8. If the winner of the Prize is below the required age to enter this Activation, the Prize will be awarded to his or her legal guardian.
9. In the event that the Participant is disqualified from the Activation or is unreachable where the Participant is a winner, Unilever may at its sole discretion decide what to do with the Prize.
10. The Prize must be redeemed/collected on the 31 May 2021 at the latest.
11. All decisions of Unilever in relation to the winner will be final and binding.
E. WINNING CRITERIA FOR THE PRIZE
1. By accepting these Terms and Conditions as indicated above, the Participant hereby consents to the publication of his or her name in any Unilever magazine, newspaper and/or social media.
2. The winner must provide evidence which, to the reasonable satisfaction of Unilever, demonstrates that he or she is the true winner, is eligible to enter this Activation and has complied with these Terms and Conditions. To claim the Prize, the winner may be requested to present a valid government-issued ID for identification.
3. The winner agrees to complete and execute any documentation required by Unilever, its representatives and affiliates or anyone on their behalf in order to give effect to their Prize, including but not limited to certificate/affidavit of eligibility, publicity release and liability release or any other document as requested by Unilever at its sole discretion. Failure by the winner to provide completed documents within the time specified by the relevant requests of Unilever or failure to execute any other obligation specified in the present rules or requests of Unilever may result in disqualification.
4. The Prize shall be forfeited if the winner has not executed any obligations or has not met any requirements under the Terms and Conditions and applicable laws.
F. ACTIVATION ENTITY
This Activation is administered by Unilever Gulf FZE, OMO Marketing Team, P.O. Box no. 17055, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
G. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Participant acknowledges that all copyrights, trademarks, logos, and other intellectual property rights in the artwork, graphics, text, video and audio clips and other content on the Activation (“Content”) are owned by Unilever and the Participant hereby agree that he or she will not reproduce or otherwise use any such intellectual property rights, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever.
H. FORCE MAJEURE
Unilever may cancel, modify or suspend the Activation for causes outside Unilever’s reasonable control or by any force majeure including but not limited to actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared) fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labour dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, pandemic situations or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Unilever’s sole and reasonable control.
I. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. Neither Unilever nor any of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and Activation agencies, legal and financial advisors, any and all other companies associated with this Activation or any of Unilever’s respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, licensees, licensors and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury, loss or damage suffered or sustained (even caused by negligence) in connection with accepting or using the Prize or participating in this Activation, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Unilever is not responsible for any defected, lost or Prize voucher or the misuse of the Prize.
2. Each Participant accepts the conditions stated in these Terms and Conditions and agrees to be bound by the decisions of Unilever and warrants that he or she is eligible to participate in this Activation. The Participant agrees, except to the extent that any personal injury or death is caused by the Released Parties’ negligence or breach of these Terms and Conditions, that the Released Parties shall not be responsible for any claims, losses, liability, and damages of any kind (including reasonable attorney’s fees and expenses) asserted against any of them, incurred, sustained, or arising in connection with the use, acceptance or misuse of any entry material, or while preparing for, participating in any Activation related activity including without limitation any injury, damage, death, loss, accident to person or property, or from the respective Participant’s breach of any agreement or warranty associated with this Activation, including these Terms and Conditions.
3. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Activation is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Unilever and each of their licensees and representatives reserve the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for any such attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
1. The Participant will indemnify and hold Unilever, their subsidiary and affiliate entities and the employees, officers, directors and representatives of each harmless (including costs and attorney’s fees) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of access to or use of the Activation, the violation of the Terms and Conditions, or the infringement of any intellectual property or other proprietary right, by the Participant or any third party using the Participant’s account. The Participant’s obligation under this indemnity may not be offset against any other claim.
2. All Participants release from, and indemnify Unilever against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of the Prize or participation in this Activation including, but not limited to, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
Unilever reserves the right at its sole discretion, without any prior notice, to suspend, cancel, terminate or modify any feature of the Activation including, but not limited to content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use without advance notice and to re-commence the Activation in its sole discretion and upon Terms and Conditions deemed reasonable by Unilever.
2. By entering this Activation, each Participant agrees that his or her personal data received by Unilever and the agency in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be processed for the purpose of the Activation.
3. All entries become the property of Unilever. By entering this Activation, each Participant consents to the personal information they submit with their entry being used for the primary purposes of: administering this Activation.
4. Each Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Participant and Unilever and its affiliates is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Participant’s decision to participate in the Activation does not place Unilever and its affiliates in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Participant’s participation, other than as set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
5. By registering and participating in this Activation, the Participant accepts that any dispute in relation to their participation in this event will be subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates and the Participant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Dubai Courts.
6. If any provision of these rules is invalid under the laws, rules or regulations of the Territory, it will only apply to the extent permitted and adjusted as legal to satisfy Unilever’s objectives. In addition, Participants are required to abide by the applicable laws, rules and regulations of the Territory as they may pertain to participation in this Activation.