What you need:
- A variety of fresh leaves
- Water-based paints
- Small paintbrush
- Old newspaper
- Old toothbrush
- Sheets of paper
What to do:
Leaf printing instructions:
- Hold a leaf by its stem and paint on one side only
- Lay the leaf (paint side down) on a sheet of paper
- Cover the leaf with a sheet of old newspaper and gently rub
- Remove the newspaper and leaf to reveal the leaf print
- Use different leaves to make a collage
Leaf stencilling instructions:
- Lay a selection of leaves on a sheet of paper. Make sure you leave gaps of paper.
- Dip the old toothbrush into the paint. Hold the brush over the leaves and rub your thumb over the bristles so that the paint splatters over the leaves.
- Keep adding more paint and rubbing until the paper and leaves are covered with dots!
- Carefully remove the leaves