Choose a day when there are some clouds in the sky.
- Lie on your back and as the clouds drift by make up a picture – it can be animal, an object, a person, or anything you can imagine
- When you come back inside, try and draw what you saw
- Find out what causes a cloud to form, and read a book about this with your child
Stars on the Ground
- Borrow a book from the library about constellations to learn about the night sky
- Using pebbles, beads, or any small items, try and make copies of constellations on the floor
- Name each one you make, and try and draw them
- How many can you see in the night sky?
You can do this activity inside or outside.