It is important to know if you live in a hard, medium or soft water area since this determines what dosage of washing detergent you should use.Tell tale signs of hard water are:
- A "ring around your bath tub"
- Soaps and shampoos do not lather easily
- White deposits around taps and drains
- Fabrics feel stiff, not fluffy
- If in doubt contact your local water authority or supplier.
You need to use a higher dosage of detergent in hard water areas to maintain cleaning performance and avoid the build-up of dirt and hard water deposits in your machine.