OMO believes that busy kids are happy kids! Why not keep your little ones entertained by stimulating their creative juices while getting their hands dirty? Not only are balloon heads fun to design, they also require a generous helping of dirty, earthy goodness.
Arm yourself with OMO’s laundry detergent and you’ll be saying goodbye to pesky stains before you know it! Ready to get dirty?
Here’s what you will need:
- Large balloons,
- Fine, dry dirt,
- Kitchen funnel,
- Glue-on wobble eyes,
- Permanent markers in assorted colours,
- Craft glue.
What to do:
- Inflate a balloon to stretch the latex and then deflate it again before filling.
- Insert the kitchen funnel into the neck of the balloon and slowly pour the fine, dry dirt into the balloon using a spoon. Fill the balloon with as much dirt as you can.
- Tie a knot in the neck of the balloon.
- Shape the balloon into a funny face by pushing your fingers into the balloon. The dirt will ensure that the shape remains intact.
- Glue on the wobble eyes and draw on a pair of lips, a nose, some eyelashes, hair, eyebrows and a pair of glasses with the permanent markers.
- Encourage your kids to spend their time outdoors, conducting a puppet show with their balloon heads.
Ensure that children do not play with dirt that may have been contaminated by animals. Also ensure that children do not put the dirt or dirty hands into their mouths. Potting mix is dangerous as it contains potentially harmful bacteria, so do not use this type of soil. Ensure that any cuts are covered and that hands are carefully washed afterwards. OMO has developed a selection of kid’s activities that are sure to keep your little ones smiling from ear to ear.