Messy, fun and creative, this mud painting activity is sure to keep your little ones entertained for hours on end. OMO believes that dirt is good and this activity offers the ideal opportunity for you and your kids to get your hands full of Mother Nature’s earthy goodness!
Forget about the clean-up as OMO’s intelligent detergents are guaranteed to effectively get rid of stains and grubby marks.
Focus on spending some quality time with your little ones and let OMO worry about the laundry.
What you need:
- Large sheets of paper
- Fine soil and water (mixed to the consistency of paint)
- Cotton buds
What to do:
- Mix the soil and water to the consistency of paint. Ensure that there are no clumps.
- Dip the brush into the mud and paint the palms of your kids’ hand
- Press their hands down firmly onto a sheet of paper.
- Slowly lift them off to reveal their hand imprints.
- Add more handprints and apply the same method to the feet to create a variety of funky footprints too.
- Encourage your little ones to decorate around their hand and footprints with dots from dipping a cotton bud into mud and dotting the paper.
Safeguard children and ensure that they do not play with dirt that may have been contaminated by animals. Ensure that children do not put dirt or dirty hands into their mouths. Do not use potting mix as it often contains potentially harmful bacteria. Ensure that any cuts are covered and remember to wash hands thoroughly afterwards.
Add to your children’s arts and crafts collection by encouraging them to participate in a variety of other activities.
Take a look at OMO’s collection of activities that have been specially designed for busy kids.