Delectable, delicious and a horticultural work of art, mud pies are the essence of what it means to play around outdoors as a child. We all remember making these when we were young, and we had a ball! OMO believes that dirt is good – not only does Mother Nature encourage your little ones to use their imaginations, it also boosts their immune systems and entices their sense of curiosity Busy Moms have no need to fret over muddy stains or smears – just pop the soiled clothes into the wash with a generous dollop of laundry detergent.
What you will need:
- Disposable aluminium tray
- Thick mud
- Pebbles, shells, sticks or leaves for pie filling
What to do:
- Line the tray with a layer of the thick mud. Push the mud into and around the edges of the tray with your fingertips;
- Pile your chosen filling into the pie;
- Add some water to your mud to make it runny and then drizzle it through your hand onto the top of your pie. You can make strips or wriggles, or if you like, you can also completely cover the filling;
- Serve your delicious pie to your friends and family!
Safeguard children. Do not let children play with dirt that may have been contaminated by animals. Ensure that children do not put any dirt or dirty hands into their mouths. Do not use potting mix as it is dangerous and contains potentially harmful bacteria. Ensure that any cuts are covered and wash their hands thoroughly afterwards.
If you’re looking for ideas with which to keep your little ones busy, take a look at OMO’s collection of fun and exciting kids’ activities