Dirt is good, and by getting your little ones interested in sport and the outdoors, you will help them to learn all about nature, the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and more. As the evenings get lighter, it means more time to stay outside and make the most of every extra hour of daylight. Get your kid’s friends to start a Rounders league, changing the team members around each week to make sure that it doesn’t get too competitive!.
Just remember to have your trusty OMO on hand to tackle those persistent mud and grass stains after the game!
What you need:
- Two teams of nine kids, or as near to that number as possible
- Four base markers (jumpers work well)
- A Rounders bat and ball
What to do:
- Arrange two teams of nine players.
- Each team takes one turn batting while the other team fields.
- The bowler stands in the bowler’s mound and throws underhand to the batter.
- If the batter hits a ball, it goes into a play.
- The batter can then run to the first base.
- A batter is ‘out’ if three good balls pass him by, if a fielder tags the base before he arrives at it, or if he attempts to take over a base already occupied by another batter.
- Runs are scored by batters running around the bases.
- Each batting team’s inning lasts until the opposite team records three ‘outs’.
Not only is Rounders wonderful for the kids, it’s also a great excuse to socialise with other mums over a flask of coffee in the park! If the children loved this outdoor game, you will find plenty more where that came from!
See all of OMO’s unique and exciting activities for kids here.