Fun and delicious, this kiddies’ activity is designed to accommodate the entire family. This recipe uses freshly-made dough but, if it’s easier, you can buy ready-made bases from the supermarket. The best thing about individual pizzas is that there are no fights over toppings and fussy little eaters are able to make something that they’re sure to gobble down. There is no need to fret over oily stains and smears of tomato paste – when you dash off to buy the ingredients for your pizzas, ensure that you stock up on laundry detergent that has effective stain removal properties. Get ready to get deliciously creative!
What you will need:
- 200 g of plain flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) of warm water
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of dried yeast
- Tomato puree or pizza sauce
- A sprinkling of oregano
- Grated cheese
- Different toppings to make your pizza face features – such as sliced peppers, olives, ham, pineapple, mushrooms and sweet corn.
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius/gas mark 4.
- Mix the yeast, water and sugar together and leave in a warm place for 8 minutes.
- Mix in the flour and knead into a firm dough.
- Roll out into a circle and bake for 7 minutes.
- Spread your tomato paste/sauce onto the cooked base and sprinkle with cheese.
- Be as creative as you like with your toppings, to make a funny food face.
- Pop back into the oven for another 7-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Then eat with your hands for maximum enjoyment!
If your family enjoyed these home-made pizza faces, they’re bound to enjoy a handful more activities! Take a look at OMO’s collection of kids’ activities for hours of family fun.