The natural step after purchasing a washing machine is to purchase a dryer which can save you both time and effort. However, the cost of dryers is quite high and therefore may not seem like the best financial commitment. Below is a list of pros and cons that could help you to decide whether or not to buy one.
The Pros of Owning a Dryer:
- You choose what to dry and when – One of the biggest nightmares is trying to get your family ready for their day only to discover that the clothes that they require are still wet. Thankfully, the problem is solved if you have a tumble dryer on hand! Pop the damp clothes in and voila! Easy and effective.
- You will save time and effort – All that you have to do is pop your clothing into the dryer and allow it to dry the items completely, putting your mind at ease that your entire family’s fashion favourites will be dry in just a few hours’ time.
- A tidy home – There will be no washing lines or drying racks taking up space in your back garden or living room, which really helps - especially if you are living in a small apartment. Why not consider a washer-dryer combo machine? Simply add your clothes and add your preferred OMO detergent or automatic washing powder. Select your washing and drying cycle and press start!
- Just dried clothes are easier to iron – Dryers make ironing so much easier because they have been designed so as to prevent creasing.
- There is no need to check the weather forecast – It really doesn’t matter whether it’s going to be a rainy or a cold day. When you have a dryer, you will have warm, dry clothes all year round.
The Cons of Owning a Dryer:
- High cost of dryers – Despite the fact that they offer a number of benefits, the cost of owning a dryer can be quite unnerving for some.
- The cost of keeping it running – Apart from the cost of the dryer, you need to factor in the cost of slightly increased electricity bills, as well as the cost of regular maintenance and a possible need for repairs down the line. Before buying one, make sure that you calculate what the cost is going to be so that there are no nasty surprises.
- Air-drying is gentler on clothes– You need to be careful not to damage your clothes when using a dryer. Carefully read the label of each item of clothing to make sure that it can be tumble-dried and choose the correct setting on the dryer to ensure that there are no accidents.
Do you own a tumble dryer? Are you thinking about buying one?