Soaking clothes before washing may help with stain removal. First, however, check that:
- The dye will not run, by looking at the care label.
- The garment is not leather, wool, silk, has metal fasteners or a flame resistant finish.
- The OMO laundry detergent you’re using is fully dissolved before immersing the clothing in the water.
- The water in not too hot for the fabric or dye.
- The garment is not crumpled up.
- White and coloured articles are separated – specifically white nylon.
- The basin is not enamel.