To get the most effective results from your wash, it is important to use a good laundry detergent and to separate your laundry into batches of similar fabric colours and types. It’s also important not to under-load or overload the machine.
Read these sorting and loading tips for more information.
- Firstly, sort your washing by colour (into whites, light colours and dark colours).
- Then sort by fabric type (cotton and linen, synthetics and synthetic blends, delicates).
- Always read the care labels.
- Wash each load with the right amount of the correct laundry detergent.
- Machine washable wool and silk should be washed in a specialist product that is specifically formulated for these fabrics.
- Do not overload the machine. It can cause meagre wash results, damage your clothes and even damage the machine.
- For most fabrics, the bowl should be loosely filled. For machine-washable woollens, two or three items makes a full load.
Trust OMO for great laundry care tips.