Whether on a family holiday, a little escape from the bright lights and rush of the city, or a business trip, your washing goes wherever you go. If you don’t have a washing machine close by or a laundrette close to where you are staying, these handy tips can save you from worrying about the last clean pair of underwear while you’re away.
The sink isn’t just for dishes! Small washes are easy to do in the sink. All you need is OMO Gentle Hand Washing Powder as it is gentle, soft and safe on your hands while you wash. Wash the same kinds of clothes together and do not mix your whites and colours, and you’re all set!
Fold your Clothes the Right Way
A big and frustrating problem about travelling is stuffing all your clothes in a bag, which tends to wrinkle your clothes.
A top tip to avoid wrinkly clothes is to roll them. A flawless, simple and easy method to use! It works well for shirts. Just stretch your shirt out long ways, fold in the arms into the middle of the shirt and start rolling from the bottom to the top. This technique will also save you a lot of packing space!
Make Your Own DIY “Washing Machine”
Desperate times, often call for desperate measures. When you’re on the road or on a camping trip and aren’t sure whether or not you’ll have access to a washing machine, this DIY idea is the perfect fix.
- Two large buckets (one slightly larger than the other)
- A plunger
- A drill
- Drill a bunch of holes all over one of the buckets, and place the bucket with the holes’ inside the bucket without the holes.
- Cut a hole in one of the lids, and slide the plunger handle into the hole.
- Place your clothes, water, and detergent in the buckets.
- Move the plunger up and down to replicate the motions of a washing machine’s spin cycle.
- Repeat for 10 minutes for great results
Watch this video for more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtbkXyWFFm8