It is important to know if you live in a hard, medium or soft water area since this determines the dosage of laundry detergent you should use to ensureproperlaundry care. South Africa’s water is predominately hard, but there are a few areas where the water is medium.
- A “ring around your bath tub”.
- Soaps and shampoos do not lather easily.
- White deposits around taps and drains.
- Fabrics feel stiff and not fluffy.
- If in doubt contact your local water authority or supplier.
You need to use a higher dosage of laundry detergent in hard water areas to maintain cleaning performance and avoid the build-up of dirt and hard water deposits in your machine.