OMO 3 x Power Challenge 2019 Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd – henceforth referred to as “the Promoter”.
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African Residents who are in possession of a valid identity document, except any employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the promoter or any person who controls or is controlled, directly or indirectly, by the promoter and/or immediate family members of the aforesaid people (hereinafter referred to as “Disqualified Persons”).
3. Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her legal guardian at all times, who approves of, and consents to the participant taking part in the competition and the participant’s possession/receipt of the prize.
4. This competition is only open to residents of Johannesburg.
5. The participants must be available for the event on the 25th of May and must be able to organise their own transport to the venue.
6. This promotional competition runs from 16 May 2019 to 21 May 2019 (the closing date). Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
7. To enter, participants will be required to visit the OMO 3 X Power Challenge competition post on the OMO SA Facebook page during the competition period. They must then advise what team they will be on: #TeamFresh, #TeamCare or #TeamToughStains and why in the comments section.
Users who successfully comment with the relevant hashtag and a reason will successfully be entered into the lucky draw.
8. A lucky draw of all valid comments during the campaign period will determine the winner.
9. The promoter will draw 2 winners per team in 3 lucky draws (6 total winners) – one for each of the 3 teams (#TeamToughStains, #TeamCare or #TeamFresh). Participants needs to specify which team they have entered (#TeamToughStains, #TeamCare or #TeamFresh) in their comment on the competition post and will be drawn from the relevant draw.
10. All participants submitting entries must have their profiles set to ‘Public’ status, and must have Liked the OMO South Africa Facebook page, in order for their entries to be valid.
11. Winners will be drawn at random on the 22nd of May 2019
12. The Promoter reserves the right to change the draw date at any time.
13. Participants stand a chance to win a place in the OMO 3 X Power Challenge alongside their favourite personalities as well as lunch on the day and a goodie bag.
14. Prizes include:
a. 5 sets of double (2 x) tickets to be spectators on the day
b. 6 x tickets to take part in the challenge as contestants – 2 tickets allocated per team (#TeamFresh, #TeamCare and #TeamToughStains
15. Participants may enter the promotional competition as many times as they wish, however only their first valid entry (if any are valid) will be entered into the lucky draw.
16. By entering the promotional competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel the promotional competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the promoter reasonably deem necessary.
17. Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors or from disqualified persons will be declared invalid.
18. Winners will be selected by means of a random draw and will be notified telephonically or via social media upon which they will be required to verify their details. The organizers will endeavour to contact the prize winners once every day for 2 consecutive working days after their name is drawn and leave a voice message, if possible, to do so, if the winner cannot be contacted.
However, if they cannot be reached and do not return the call within 24 hours of the last voice message being left, the person/s will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
19. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and not transferable and the promoter is not liable for any defect in the Prize. The promoter reserves the right to substitute prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
20. Any prize not taken up for any reason within one month of the close of the competition will be forfeited.
21. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
22. The promoter reserves the right to use any images taken of the winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the winner, and may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting his/her prize and/or after having received his/her prize. However, the winner has the right to object to these images being used and must formally notify the promoter, in writing, of such objection, after being informed that he/she is the winner.
23. In the event that the prize/s are/is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
24. Winners will be required to sign an indemnity form releasing the promoter from any liability on the day of the event 25 May. Failure to sign will result in immediate disqualification.
25. All participants and winners must be willing to be filmed and photographed at the event and agree to these photographs/video content to be published for commercial purposes indefinitely.
26. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in the promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of gross negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the prize).
27. The Promoter assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever.
28. The Promoter is not liable for any technical failures affecting the participation and/or prize redemption process of the promotional competition.
29. Neither the Promoter nor employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the Promoter shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
30. The Promoter will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification document to enable the promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the prize and it shall revert back to the promoter to select another winner.
31. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.