1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd – henceforth referred to as “the Promoter”.
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African Residents who are in possession of a valid identity document, except any employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the promoter or any person who controls or is controlled, directly or indirectly, by the promoter and/or immediate family members of the aforesaid people (hereinafter referred to as “Disqualified Persons”).
3. Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her legal guardian at all times, who approves of, and consents to the participant taking part in the competition and the participant’s possession/receipt of the prize.
4. This promotional competition is open from 11 September 2017 and ends at 11:59pm, on 9 October 2017 (the closing date). Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
5. To enter, participants will be required to submit a picture or video of them and their children enjoying an outdoor activity on:
a. The OMO South Africa Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/omosouthafrica/ with the hashtag #JustAQuickWash
b. The comments section of any #JustAQuickWash competition post published on OMO South Africa Facebook page
c. Twitter with the hashtag #JustAQuickWash and tag @OMOSouthAfrica
d. Instagram with the hashtag #JustAQuickWash.and tag @OMOSouthAfrica
6. All Instagram, Facebook and Twitter participants submitting entries must have their profiles set to ‘Public’ status in order for their entries to be valid.
7. Winners will be drawn at random weekly. Draw dates outlined below:
8. The Promoter reserves the right to change the draw dates at any time.
9. Weekly winners will be drawn from the previous week’s entries. Weekly entry cut off times indicated below:
a. 17/09/2017 at 11:59pm
b. 24/09/2017 at 11:59pm
c. 01/10/2017 at 11:59pm
d. 08/10/2017 at 11:59pm
10. Participants stand a chance to win an all-expenses paid fun day trip out for the immediate family (up to 8 members) at a location near them. Prize locations will be selected at the discretion of the Promoter based on where winners live.
11. Value of prizes is likely to vary based on prize selection criteria.
12. Prize fun day trip out options selected by the promoter are made available below:
a. KZN - uShaka, Umgeni Steam Railway day trip, Daytime picnic at Machkaranga (Kloof) or Kenneth Stainbank Nature Reserve, A family day trip to Butterflies For Africa, Day trip to Piggly Wiggly Country Village (chocolate dipping, mini-train ride, putt putt etc.), Day out at Flag animal farm
b. Gauteng – Day out at Gold Reef City, a day of fun at Yeesh! Fun for Kids in Woodmead, a family picnic at Zoo Lake, a day of fun at Treetop adventures at Acrobranch Melrose
c. Western Cape - a day of fun at Blasters Family Entertainment Centre Mossel Bay, a day of fun at Faryard fun at Imhoff Farm Kommetjie, daytime family picnic at Spier, a day of fun at Waterpark at Adventure Land in Plettenberg Bay, a day of fun at Bugz Family Playpark Kraaifontein
d. Limpopo - a day of fun at Khamai Reptile Centre, daytime family Safari at Ant’s Nest at Waterberg
e. Mpumalanga – day of Geckoing on the Sabie River, a day of fun at Reptile Encounters at Perry’s Bridge Reptile Park Hazyview, a day of fun at Aquazone Waterpark at Lake Umuzi Waterfront in Secunda
f. Freestate – a day of berry Picking at Bon-Af Berry Farm
g. Eastern Cape - a day of fun at Tea in the Trees Outdoor Restaurant & Market Chintsa, a day of fun at Floradale Nursery East London, a day of fun at The Boma Reptile World PE
h. Northern Cape - a day experience at Hot Air Ballooning in Augrabies with Balloon Scape
i. North West - a day of fun at Sun City, Hartbeespoort Dam Elephant Sanctuary, a day out at Chameleon Village Hartbeespoort Dam
13. The Promoter reserves the right to change the locations of prizes at any time and options are not limited to the list of available destinations in point 12.
14. The Promoter will only cover the following expenses:
a. Travel to and from the activity venue
b. Entrance or activity fee (example: fee to pick berries or fee to enter waterpark)
c. Lunch for each member of the family while on the day trip
15. The Promoter will not cover the following expenses:
a. Gifts or memorabilia bought at kiosks or gift shops at the activity venue
16. Participants may enter the promotional competition as many times as they wish, however, participants are only eligible for one Prize under the promotional competition.
17. By entering the promotional competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel the promotional competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the promoter reasonably deem necessary.
18. Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors or from disqualified persons will be declared invalid.
19. Winners will be selected by means of a random draw and will be notified telephonically or via social media upon which they will be required to verify their details. The organizers will endeavour to contact the prize winners once every day for 5 consecutive working days after their name is drawn and leave a voice message, if possible to do so, if the winner cannot be contacted. However, if they cannot be reached and do not return the call within 24 hours of the last voice message being left, the person/s will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
20. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and not transferable and the promoter is not liable for any defect in the Prize. The promoter reserves the right to substitute prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
21. Any prize not taken up for any reason within one month of the close of the competition will be forfeited.
22. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
23. The promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the winner, and may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting his/her prize and/or after having received his/her prize. However, the winner has the right to object to these images being used and must formally notify the promoter, in writing, of such objection, after being informed that he/she is the winner.
24. In the event that the prize/s are/is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
25. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in the promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of gross negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the prize).
26. The Promoter assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever.
27. The Promoter is not liable for any technical failures affecting the participation and/or prize redemption process of the promotional competition.
28. Neither the Promoter nor employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the Promoter shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
29. The Promoter will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the prize and it shall revert back to the promoter.
30. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. A copy of the competition rules is available at no cost to the participants and can be viewed and downloaded in printable form from http://bit.ly/2gJFj9P