PLASTIC & WASTE
Waste is one of the biggest environmental issues we face today. And it’s our responsibility to make sure our products can be disposed of easily and sustainably. So OMO adopted ‘less plastic, better plastic and no plastic’. It’s an overall strategy that we set out in 2017. And it sits at the heart of every product we develop.
- From 2017, we’ve been on a journey to incorporate post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic into our bottles.
- In 2022, we now have 50% PCR in our standard liquid bottles.
- less virgin plastic
- We also use 45% less virgin plastic for packaging in our capsules and OMO Dilute at Home.
- Our next step is making sure that the plasticwe do use is recyclable.
- In 2019 around 50% of plastic Unilever used was reusable, recyclable,or compostable
- meaning it’s less likely to end up polluting our precious ecosystems.
- No plastic is the best kind of plastic. So we’re currently exploring.
- Glass, Paper and Aluminium
- as well as non-plastic reusable packaging refills
- and even new detergents to completely change the way we do laundry.