Also known as Kinetic Sand Silly Putty, this sand is unlike anything you’ve ever handled before! Teach your kids about science while having fun with this soft, gloopy sand.
The weird thing about this sand is that it holds together like normal sand in large quantities, but as soon as you separate it piece by piece, its’ structure changes into a soft and crazy creation.
What you’ll need:
- ½ a cup corn starch
- 1/3 cup dishwashing liquid
- 1 TBS water
- Food colouring of your choice: blue, green, orange or red – whatever colour your little one likes the most
- 1 cup of sand
How to make it:
- Start by mixing together your sand and dishwashing liquid
- Next, add your corn starch
- Slowly start mixing with one hand, and with the other add a few drops of food colouring
- Keep mixing and add a little bit of water until you’ve added the entire amount
- Let it sit for two hours and get ready for a fun afternoon!