What you need
For Colour: Ketchup, BBQ Sauce, Mustard, Pesto Sauce, Food Colouring
For Texture: Rice crackers, Rice, Macaroni , Corn Flakes, Cookies, Baked Beans, Eggs & Flour, Plastic Cheese, Lollies, Lollypops, Vegetables
For help: Glue
For Safety: An old sheet
What to do
1. Go ask mum or dad which ingredients you can use from the pantry
- It could be fun to make your artwork edible, so carefully pick ingredients you can eat later.
- OR if you don’t want to eat your food ask mum or dad if there is food they might be throwing out soon to ensure nothing goes to waste!
2. Start with a blank
canvas, a piece of cardboard or a large sheet of butcher’s paper.
3. Place an old sheet underneath to keep the area clean.
4. Now you are ready… just have a go. Use the ingredients to create anything you like! You could start by creating your family, your house or your garden.
TIPS * Try adding some food colouring to some ingredients, to change their colour
Wash Warning: Food colouring can be a bit tricky to get out in the wash so remember to be careful when using it.
* If you need some help sticking something down, use a little bit of glue
* And if you need to cut anything, make sure you use some safety scissors.
Safety warning: Be sure mum or dad is around to help when using the scissors and the glue.
5. When you’re finished you can proudly share your masterpiece with your family and friends.
6. It’s now time to clean up. That means yourself, your clothes, and the area. So maybe you can ask mum or dad to help.
And that’s it…. it’s so easy! Now have fun and remember always… ‘Play With Purpose’.