You can do this inside or outside, but be sure you are supervising any water play, even if there are only a few inches in the container.
What to do
- Fill a large plastic bowl or tire tube lined with plastic.
- Sail a boat made out of paper or a coconut shell for pirate fun.
- Find things that sink and that float - this is a little science experiment.
- Use a feather, cork, stone, acorn, leaf, rubber ball and anything else your child finds.
- Ask before she or he drops it into the water whether it will sink or float.
- Ask why it sinks and why it floats.