What you need
- 60g flour
- 2 egg whites
- 110g sugar
- A little vegetable oil
- Baking tray
- Crayons or coloured pencils
- 1tsp vanilla
- Mixing bowl
What to do
- Help the kids reach high cupboards to gather the ingredients and supplies. It’s the kids’ job to create a charades game for the family. To make the clues, they’ll need to think of enough different animals for the whole family to act out.
- They will need to cut the paper into fortune-cookie-sized strips, then have fun drawing all the animals they can think of onto the paper.
- They can try cats, dogs, monkeys, snakes, birds… but remember, they must keep what they’ve drawn a secret! They can fold their drawings in half and put them in a pot for safe-keeping whilst they make their cookies
Have a go:
- Now it’s time to make the cookies. Preheat the oven to 190°C for the children, whilst they mix together the ingredients.
- Then, they can spoon the batter onto a greased tray, making a circle with each spoonful of mixture. They’ll need to leave room for spreading!
- You can take over for a moment to put the baking tray in the oven and set the timer.
- After 6 minutes, they can remove each batch from the oven. When the cookies have cooled a little, kids can loosen the cookies gently from the tray with a spatula and carefully lift them onto a plate.
Try it out: Now it’s time for everyone to hide the pictures inside! Whilst the cookies are still warm, kids can place a folded paper strip along the centre of each cookie, then fold the cookie over so the edges meet and press the edges together.